This Week in Family Worship
Look back: Look back over 2 Samuel 2:1-11 and remember God’s kingdom is often rejected in stubborn defiance.
Look ahead: This coming Sunday, Jeremy will be preaching from 2 Samuel 2:12-32. Read the passage during the week with your family.
Ask: Do you think it is a problem that Asahel pursued Abner despite his warnings?
Pray: Praise God for His wisdom and power and pray for areas in your life where wisdom is needed.
Sing: Visit the blog for this week's music. You can also find our music playlists on Spotify.
Monthly Missions Focus: Click here to learn about our monthly missions focus (St. Louis, Missouri).
Catechize: (New City Question 31)
Q: What do we believe by true faith?
A: We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
From Sunday School March 26:
This is the big idea of how this week’s Bible story points to Jesus.
- Babies & Toddlers: Jesus always did the right thing.
- Younger Preschool: Jesus always did the right thing. When we want to make a wrong choice, we can ask Jesus to help us make the right choice.
- Older Preschool: The devil tried to get Jesus to sin, but Jesus never sinned. Jesus always did the right thing. Jesus died on the cross to rescue us from sin. When we are tempted to sin, we can ask Jesus to help us say no to sin.
- Kids: Jesus was tempted, but He trusted God and never sinned. Jesus is perfect and righteous. A perfect sacrifice was required to take away sin. Jesus was that perfect sacrifice. He died on the cross to free us from sin and to give us the power to say no to temptation.
BIG PICTURE QUESTION & ANSWER
This is an important biblical truth that your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: What did Jesus do to save us? Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead.
- Older Preschool: What did Jesus do to save us? Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead.
- Kids: What did Jesus do to save us? Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and rose from the dead.
This is a Bible verse that relates to what your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Babies & Toddlers: Jesus takes away the sin of the world. John 1:29
- Younger Preschool: Jesus takes away the sin of the world. John 1:29
- Older Preschool: John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29
- Kids: John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29
** Next week: Jesus Called His Disciples (John 1)
More in Blog
May 29, 2023What We're Singing: June 2023
May 29, 2023This Week in Family Worship
May 22, 2023This Week in Family Worship