The following are eleven principles of church membership that reflect the Bible's teaching. Every member of Emmanuel Baptist Church is committed to see these lived out every day, both personally and corporately.
EBC Church Covenant
- Having, as we trust, been brought by divine grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to give up ourselves to him, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit, we do now, relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully renew our covenant with each other.
- We will, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, submit to the authority of the Scriptures as the final word on all matters of life and doctrine, and work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- We will also engage to walk together in brotherly love, as becomes the members of a Christian Church, exercise an affectionate care and watchfulness over each other and faithfully admonish and entreat one another as occasion may require.
- We will neither malign, criticize, nor entertain any gossip concerning the members of this body, but instead, when personally offended, we will speak directly, lovingly, and only with those involved.
- We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, nor neglect to pray for ourselves and others.
- We will make our homes places of hospitality and charity for all as we raise our children in the fear and instruction of the Lord, and by a pure and loving example to seek the salvation of our family and friends.
- We will rejoice at each others’ happiness and endeavor with tenderness and sympathy to bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
- We will seek, by Divine aid, to live carefully in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, and remembering that, as we have been voluntarily buried by baptism and raised again from the symbolic grave, so there is on us a special obligation now to lead a new and holy life.
- We will work together for the continuance of a faithful evangelical ministry in this church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines. We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
- We will, when and if we move from this place, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
- May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.