This Week in Family WorshipMay 22, 2023 Family Worship
Look back: Look back over 2 Samuel 8 and remember the Lord gives victory to David wherever he goes, making the Lord’s enemies his servant.
Look ahead: This coming Sunday, Pastor Michael will be preaching from Psalm 41. Read the passage during the week with your family.
Ask: Why do you think there is a blessing in caring for the poor? Are there ways your family might pray for and serve those in need with gospel intentionality?
Pray: Ask the Lord to grow in you and your family a generous disposition towards others.
Monthly Missions Focus: Click here to learn about our monthly missions focus (Senegal).
Catechize: (New City Question 39)
Q: With what attitude should we pray?
A: With love, perseverance, and gratefulness.
From Sunday School May 21:
This is the big idea of how this week’s Bible story points to Jesus.
- Babies & Toddlers: Jesus invites us to follow Him. He shows grace and kindness to those who trust in Him.
- Younger Preschool: Jesus invites us to follow Him. He shows grace and kindness to sinners who trust in Him.
- Older Preschool: Peter realized that he was a sinner and that Jesus is God. He saw Jesus’ kindness and followed Him. Jesus invites us to follow Him too. He shows grace and kindness to sinners who trust in Him.
- Kids: Peter understood that he was a sinner and recognized that Jesus is God. He responded to Jesus’ grace and kindness by following Him. When we understand that Jesus is God and that we are sinners, we can turn to Him for forgiveness and follow Him by faith.
BIG PICTURE QUESTION & ANSWER
This is an important biblical truth that your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: How can we be saved? We are only saved by trusting in Jesus.
- Older Preschool: How can we be saved? We are only saved by trusting in Jesus.
- Kids: How can we be saved? We are only saved through faith in Jesus.
This is a Bible verse that relates to what your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Babies & Toddlers: Believe in God. Hebrews 11:6
- Younger Preschool: Believe in God. Hebrews 11:6
- Older Preschool: Without faith it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6
- Kids: Now without faith it is impossible to please God, since the one who draws near to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6
** Next week: We Are Saved by Faith in Jesus (Hebrews 11)