This Week in Family WorshipFebruary 27, 2023 Family Worship
Look back: Look back over 1 Samuel 29 and remember David awaits the Lord’s deliverance from trial with unwavering trust and uprightness of character.
Look ahead: This coming Sunday, Pastor Michael will be preaching from 1 Samuel 30. Read the passage during the week with your family.
Ask: What evidence of God's grace and providence do you see in this chapter?
Pray: Praise God for his keeping grace in your life.
Monthly Missions Focus: Click here to learn about our monthly missions focus (Farmington, New Mexico).
Catechize: (New City Question 27)
Q: Are all people, just as they were lost through Adam, saved through Christ?
A: No, only those who are elected by God and united to Christ by faith.
From Sunday School February 26:
This is the big idea of how this week’s Bible story points to Jesus.
- Younger Preschool: Because Jesus died and rose again, we have forgiveness of sins and life with God forever when we trust in Him.
- Kids: God sent Jesus to take the punishment our sin deserves. Because of Jesus, we have forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Through God’s Spirit, we have the power to turn away from sin and live to bring glory to God.
BIG PICTURE QUESTION & ANSWER
This is an important biblical truth that your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: How should we feel when we make wrong choices? When we make wrong choices, we should feel sorry that we have disobeyed God and want to obey Him.
- Kids: How should we feel when we sin? When we sin, we should feel sorry that we have disobeyed God and want to turn from our sin because we love Him.
This is a Bible verse that relates to what your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: We should feel sorry when we disobey God and want to obey Him. 2 Corinthians 7:10
- Kids: For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly grief produces death. 2 Corinthians 7:10
** Next week: Jesus Was Born (Matthew 1; Luke 2; John 1)