This Week in Family WorshipFebruary 13, 2023 Family Worship
Look back: Look back over 1 Samuel 27:1-28:2 and remember the Lord grants victory to His king, even in service to His enemies.
Look ahead: This coming Sunday, Pastor Michael will be preaching from 1 Samuel 28:3-25.
Ask: How is Saul's heart for (or rather, not for) the Lord shown in this passage?
Pray: Praise God for his word and ask him to help you walk in his ways.
Sing: Visit the blog for this week's music. Make sure you check out our new song "Come to Jesus (Rest in Him)." "Holy, Holy, Holy" is a good one to work on memorizing at home. "The Night Song" is a recent and easy favorite and "He Will Hold Me Fast" is one we have loved for some time. You can also find our music playlists on Spotify.
Monthly Missions Focus: Click here to learn about our monthly missions focus (Asian Pacific Rim).
Catechize: (New City Question 25)
Q: Does Christ’s death mean all our sins can be forgiven?
A: Yes, because Christ’s death on the cross fully paid the penalty for our sin, God will remember our sins no more.
From Sunday School February 12:
This is the big idea of how this week’s Bible story points to Jesus.
- Younger Preschool: The Bible teaches us about God and Jesus. It helps us know the right things to do. We do wrong things, but God can help us want to obey Him. Jesus died to rescue us from sin.
- Kids: God's Word is powerful. When Ezra read God's Word, the people loved God more and changed their ways. The Bible says that Jesus is "the Word." Jesus is God who came to live with people on earth. Jesus has the power to change our hearts.
BIG PICTURE QUESTION & ANSWER
This is an important biblical truth that your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: How should we feel when we make wrong choices? When we make wrong choices, we should feel sorry that we have disobeyed God and want to obey Him.
- Kids: How should we feel when we sin? When we sin, we should feel sorry that we have disobeyed God and want to turn from our sin because we love Him.
This is a Bible verse that relates to what your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: We should feel sorry when we disobey God and want to obey Him. 2 Corinthians 7:10
- Kids: For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly grief produces death. 2 Corinthians 7:10
** Next week: The People Promised to Be Faithful (Nehemiah 9–10)