This Week in Family WorshipOctober 31, 2022 Family Worship
Look back: Read back over 1 Samuel 12 and remember though God’s people stand guilty having transgressed his covenant, God mercifully forgives them, compelling them to truly love him with their heart.
Look ahead: This coming Sunday, Pastor Michael will be preaching from 1 Samuel 13. Read the passage several times during the week with your family.
Ask: How would you describe why what Saul did was sinful? How did Samuel respond?
Pray: Adoration: Praise God for his grace to us in and through Jesus. Confession: Confess any sin the passage brings to mind. Thanksgiving: Give thanks for any and every blessing you can think of. Supplication: Pray for yourself and your family to walk in God's wisdom.
Monthly Missions Focus: Click here to learn about our monthly missions focus (Denver).
Catechize: (New City Question 10)
Q: What does God require in the fourth and fifth commandments?
A: Fourth, that on the Sabbath day we spend time in worship of God. Fifth, that we love and honor our father and our mother.
From Sunday School October 30:
This is the big idea of how this week’s Bible story points to Jesus.
- Younger Preschool: John told people to repent—turn away from their sins—and turn to Jesus. When we trust in Jesus, Jesus changes the way we think and act to help us love God and people.
- Kids: John called people to repent. When we realize that our sin deserves God’s punishment and trust in Jesus to save us, we can turn from our sins and live for Jesus. Jesus changes our hearts so we can love God and people.
BIG PICTURE QUESTION & ANSWER
This is an important biblical truth that your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: What is repentance? Repentance is choosing to stop making wrong choices and choosing Jesus.
- Kids: What is repentance? Repentance is turning away from sin and turning to Jesus.
This is a Bible verse that relates to what your child will encounter each week of this unit.
- Younger Preschool: Turn away from your wrong choices. Acts 3:1
- Kids: “Therefore repent and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped out.” Acts 3:19
** Next week: Jonah Warned of God’s Judgment (Jonah)